My Name is Bones and I am a Rocker. In 2004 I bought a 1971 Triumph Bonneville T120RV. Having grown up on Rock 'n Roll, it was not a far leap to find myself drawn to British Rocker Culture of the 1950's and 60's. My Occupation as a American Service Member has afforded me the opportunity to travel all over the world. with this bike I have been to the Arctic in Alaska, to the deep-dirty south of Lower Alabama to the white sand beaches of Waikiki to my current location near the city of Pyongtaek, in South Korea. My assignment here is for 12 months and I will chronicle my adventure here.

Saturday, May 29, 2010

30 May, 2010




As is my normal Sunday ritual, I kitted up and rode breakfast at my favorite place. they have a new waitress who is jenny-on-the-spot when it comes to waitressing. she has done time in Truck Stops, I am convinced of this.

The day prove the weatherman wrong, it was supposed to be sun and rain, but there was only sun. The ride up was pleasant and once out of the valley, very nice.

To describe Highway 34 as anything other than absolutely gorgeous is being disingenuous. Smooth Tarmac, perfect camber on the turns, wide lanes and good visibility. The view from the summit is breathtaking. The only thing that brings it down is that it is a rather short run at only about 3 miles, but it is still well worth the ride.

Near the summit is a turnout and a local mom and pop stand that sell drinks and simple meals. This is the perfect viewing spot to watch these guys come screaming up the hill. The people that frequent this location are all local and I was told that this is one of three locations in the country that have such well groomed roads. Everyone was very friendly and my old bike was well received. in fact the owner of the little shop seemed to be all kinds of excited to see something that was not all carbon fiber or chrome.

I enjoyed the day and look forward to going back up there.

EDIT 11 July 2010:

Someone that was there that day took some pictures of me and my bike then sent them to me. they are much better than I could have taken myself. here they are:



No comments:

Post a Comment