My Name is Bones and I am a Rocker. In 2004 I bought a 1971 Triumph Bonneville T120RV. Having grown up on Rock 'n Roll, it was not a far leap to find myself drawn to British Rocker Culture of the 1950's and 60's. My Occupation as a American Service Member has afforded me the opportunity to travel all over the world. with this bike I have been to the Arctic in Alaska, to the deep-dirty south of Lower Alabama to the white sand beaches of Waikiki to my current location near the city of Pyongtaek, in South Korea. My assignment here is for 12 months and I will chronicle my adventure here.

Saturday, May 15, 2010

11 April, 2010

I get a text message from my CO this morning wanting to know if anyone is up for a ride. (He rides a big HD Rocker-C thing). I am not doing anything productive and even though I hate big group rides, sure why not.


So the CO, one of our Instructor Pilots on a HD Wide-Glide, My buddy Bob on his Suzuki M-50 and myself all meet up and head out. Three BIG Cruisers and My Old Trumpy, I thought this was going to thoroughly suck ass. Especially the dirty looks I got when I ask if we were going to hit any twisties.


What I got was a pleasant surprise. Two hours of backcountry roads, gorgeous scenery and surprisingly little traffic. And even though I had my camera, I was too busy riding to snap any pics. what started as just something to do on a sunday turned into a really good time.


As for the bike, there was no sign of the oil leaking like it had the other day. since it did force a break in the Cylinder Base Gasket there was a small amount that had leaked there, but not enough to worry about right now. I can live with it until the next Maint Service.

No comments:

Post a Comment