My Name is Bones and I am a Rocker. In 2004 I bought a 1971 Triumph Bonneville T120RV. Having grown up on Rock 'n Roll, it was not a far leap to find myself drawn to British Rocker Culture of the 1950's and 60's. My Occupation as a American Service Member has afforded me the opportunity to travel all over the world. with this bike I have been to the Arctic in Alaska, to the deep-dirty south of Lower Alabama to the white sand beaches of Waikiki to my current location near the city of Pyongtaek, in South Korea. My assignment here is for 12 months and I will chronicle my adventure here.

Saturday, September 18, 2010

18 Sept, 2010 Part II






On the way to the Beach we stopped at a roadside attraction a cave. the Northeast part of the country is littered with limestone cave systems. this one was in the middle of town. it was cool as it was a creative means of getting out of the heat. I am grateful that I was issued a helmet because at 6'1", I bashed my noggin at every opportunity

We arrive at Mangsang Beach, near Donghae. Beautiful white sand beach on the Sea of Japan. One of the group, strips his clothes off and runs into the ocean wearing nothing but his skivvy shorts and a smile. there are families present, kids, grandparents and no one seems to care that a grown man is running around the beach in his underwear. Good times.

Our next stop was the Terarosa Coffee Company in Gangneung for a cup and a snack before hitting the twisties on the way back to Seoul. I am a bit picky when it comes to coffee and these folks did not disappoint. A cup, a Baguette Sandwich and I am ready take on the world

No comments:

Post a Comment