My Name is Bones and I am a Rocker. In 2004 I bought a 1971 Triumph Bonneville T120RV. Having grown up on Rock 'n Roll, it was not a far leap to find myself drawn to British Rocker Culture of the 1950's and 60's. My Occupation as a American Service Member has afforded me the opportunity to travel all over the world. with this bike I have been to the Arctic in Alaska, to the deep-dirty south of Lower Alabama to the white sand beaches of Waikiki to my current location near the city of Pyongtaek, in South Korea. My assignment here is for 12 months and I will chronicle my adventure here.

Saturday, December 11, 2010

12 Dec 2010

Damn it is cold.

I kept repeating this yesterday as I was riding up to Seoul to got to a friends farewell party. it was 35F (2C), clear skies and dry roads. I bundled up, but my hands still got cold. It was typical stop-and-go insanity. I do know that I am ruined for riding in the States. It took me a good bit to thaw out, but was worth the ride up.

It was good to see the Royal Enfield Clubs guys again, they are always a hoot. it was also good to see off Jonas before he flies home to Denmark. the Party was a blast, lots of good food (both Danish and Korean), LOTS of Beer and a night of great conversation.

Getting up this morning and after a hearty breakfast supplied by my good friend Wilton, I knew it was going to be a cold one coming back. And what I later found was that I was absolutely right. it was bitter cold.

The bike ran like a champ after sitting for the better part of a month. she did not want to start and it took a good 15 minutes to get the oil warmed and pressure to stabilize, but she ran down the road happy as a lark.

I am getting near the end of my tour here. I am not averse to riding in the cold, wet and nasty, but it will some get to a point where it is just dangerous. I leave here in about a month and can honestly say this has been some of the best motorcycling I have had in years. I will keep this blog open until the Bike is packed up and loaded, just in case I get a good day to go ride between now and new years.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for a great night. Mighty impressive that you made the ride to Seoul. I guess when I get to Denmark I have to do some frozen riding as well.

    take care

    Jonas

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds just like the weather here in England at 52 North.
    The Tiger is tucked up for the duration now, too much salt on the road. Do they spread salt and sand on the roads in Korea?

    ReplyDelete