My Name is Bones and I am a Rocker. In 2004 I bought a 1971 Triumph Bonneville T120RV. Having grown up on Rock 'n Roll, it was not a far leap to find myself drawn to British Rocker Culture of the 1950's and 60's. My Occupation as a American Service Member has afforded me the opportunity to travel all over the world. with this bike I have been to the Arctic in Alaska, to the deep-dirty south of Lower Alabama to the white sand beaches of Waikiki to my current location near the city of Pyongtaek, in South Korea. My assignment here is for 12 months and I will chronicle my adventure here.

Saturday, June 26, 2010

26 June, 2010


Today it was a short ride to the resting place of Admiral Yi Sun-sin. located in Asan it is a short ride from the camp.

Wikipedia says the following about Adm Yi: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yi_Sun-sin

Admiral Yi is considered one of Korea's greatest heroes of all time. Koreans look upon Yi as a man of courage, perseverance, strength, self-sacrifice, intellect, and loyalty to his country.

The Memorial is a large fenced in compound that contains his house, a museum, archery ranges, Koi ponds and many period buildings.

There are statues of the man all over the country and he is considered a national hero. and reading of him he is regarded on levels reserved for those above Napoleon and Horatio Nelson as he kept the Japanese from invading for seven years until he was killed by a stray bullet.

Well worth the trip and I can cross this one off in the tourist guide.

No comments:

Post a Comment